Top Ten Foods Fully Packed With Overall Nutrition
The secret to a long and vibrant life is in the food we eat. It is through healthy food choices that improves the quality of your living.
The following are the top ten power packed foods:
1. Beans – Beans might increase your chances of passing gas, but soaking them first in water can help. All kinds of beans—whether they are navy, kidney, lentils, Northern, or chickpeas– are high in protein that’s why they are beneficial to your health. Plant protein is good for you because it has little carbohydrates, fats and calories. It is also rich in fiber which aids digestion and makes your digestive system healthy.
2. Oatmeal – Oatmeal is popular for lowering blood cholesterol and keeping blood sugar level normal. You can make one yourself by rolling oats or buy easy to cook like instant ones. Oatmeal is heavy on the stomach and rich in fiber.
3. Fruits – Fruits are rich in antioxidants like Vitamin A and C. These antioxidants fight free radicals that cause cancer and other damages in the body. Fruits like berries (grapes, blueberries) have the highest level of antioxidants. Antioxidants in fruits increase the body’s stamina and immune system to fight the bad effects of aging in our body.
4. Allium foods – Allium food are what we use as seasoning. This type of food includes garlic, leeks, onions, and shallots. They are known to lower your cholesterol level and protect the body from cancer and other diseases. They also lower blood pressure and prevent the risk of blood clot. It is most healthy when eaten fresh.
5. Salmon – Salmon is a food rich in omega-3 fatty acids and protein. These substances are known to decrease the risk of coronary diseases and fight other ailments like atherosclerosis. Though fatty, wild salmon contains the healthy kinds of fats that are great for improving children and adult health. Salmon enhances the building of muscle tissues after a workout session.
6. Flax seed – Flax seed is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids like salmon. It contains omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids as well. These fatty acids are great for fighting high cholesterol, cardiovascular diseases and diabetes. It can be added to yogurt, fruit smoothies, cereals and pancakes.
7. Peppers – Peppers vary in color. Their flavor varies from being mild and sweet, to extremely hot and spicy. They are rich in antioxidants, Vitamin C and beta-carotene. All peppers contain capsaicin, which is a substance for fighting allergies, coronary diseases and cancer. They are great seasonings to salads, salsa, and an assortment of dishes.
8. Nuts and seeds – Though nuts are high in fats, fret not as they are of the good kind. They help decrease your body’s cholesterol level and are rich in protein. Examples of nuts are peanuts, Brazil nuts, walnuts, and almonds. You may consume nuts by eating them right out of their shell or by crushing them into a fine powder and use it as a replacement for bread crumb coating.
10. Yogurt – The type that is free of fat is best for you. Yogurt has Vitamin B, calcium and protein. Yoghurt is also the best substitute for milk for calcium. Live yogurt has friendly bacteria that promote a healthy digestive tract.
A healthy body is possible through the food you eat. Include the abovementioned super foods in your diet to live a longer and healthy life.