If you have trouble losing weight, what you may need to focus your attention to is your appetite. As much as possible, you must curb your food cravings in order for you not to gain unwanted weight and so your current weight will be reduced. The good news for you is that there are appetite suppressant foods that you can trust to control your cravings these days. Find out what these foods are and how they can help you in your weight loss goals.
- Water. Drinking plenty of water all day can help make your belly feel full and satisfied all the time. A glass of water is best consumed before meals so you can consume less food. Moreover, you can also consider drinking a glass of water during first signs of hunger because sometimes, you may think of thirst as hunger.
- Protein. Foods with protein are great appetite suppressants, too. It is advised that every meal or snack you eat includes a food that contains protein. As you may know, protein takes a little longer to digest than carbohydrates. This fact makes you feel satisfied for a longer period of time. Consider adding protein-rich foods in your daily diet such as seafood, meat, poultry, beans, and low fat dairy products.
- Fiber. Like protein, fiber can make you feel satisfied. Fibrous vegetables are best consumed daily and so as whole grains like brown rice, whole grain cereals, breads, and crackers.
- Green tea. Green tea is known to help calm the appetite. Three to four cups of green tea a day can very well help in appetite suppression.
- Ginger. Ginger is known to help your body burn fat effectively and suppress the appetite, too. This is why ginger is a food best for weight loss. You can add ginger to any dish or you can consume it in the form of tea or supplements.
By including these foods and beverages in your diet, you may naturally suppress your appetite. This can be the start of reaching your weight loss goals.
- Using Whey Protein Powder as a Weight Loss Aid (weightlossdietforum.com)
- The Benefits of Egg Protein (detoxcleansing.org)